Viva la Mexico!

Tonight I had a craving for quesadillas. I picked up a few groceries last night and got cookin' after I got home from work. I was inspired to make these after my friend Dee and I made some great quesadillas one night last week.

I started by marinating two enormous chicken breasts in lime juice and a sprinkling of Mrs. Dash's "Southwest Blend". They took a while to cook up because they were so big.


After the chicken breasts were done I rinsed the pan and sauteed a clove of garlic in olive oil for a few seconds and added in a medium onion. A little bit of added salt helps to speed up the cooking of the onions. Once the onions were turning brown I added a red and green bell pepper.

As soon as I added the peppers I saw the Mexican flag appear right before my eyes and the song below started playing!!!:









After all that excitement the filling was done and I shredded up the chicken
.






Then came assembly...














The final product! They turned out great and I served them with sour cream, guacamole, and Paul Newman's peach salsa (shout out to my friend Cat!). And of course no meal is complete without a delicious libation! Tonight I had Widmer Brothers Drop Top Amber Ale, which was delicious!


¡Muy Sabroso!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Qué deliciosa! Muy bien!

Post a Comment

top